If we were a person in your life
We'd want to be your best friend, through thick and thin. We'd talk to you on the level and try to add more value to your life. We'd also always be sharing the hottest deals and steals with you.
Our celeb doppelgänger
We love Steve Martin because he always brings his A-game. He not only has great comedic timing but is capable of deeper emotional range. He’s a renaissance man that can truly do it all but still maintains his relatability. Plus, he plays a mean banjo, and who doesn't love that?
What song captures our spirit?
Curtis Mayfield’s “Move On Up” not only gets our pink booty shakin', but also empowers everyone to reach high and achieve their dreams. Because even when things get tough, you can always move on up.
Who we’re not
At Super.com, we genuinely care about the well-being of our members. They want to find the best prices on everything, every day. (Looking at you, gas pump.) We talk, live, and breathe saving money and it's expressed in our messaging.
We also are never pushy about living outside one's means. We speak to our members on the level and treat them with respect because, news flash: They’re real people like you and me. (Shocker!)
We’re the friend that’ll stick by our members through the good times and bad. We aren't in it just for profits, we measure success by how much we've saved our members. We want to build the most loyalty, not the highest turnover.
It’s safe to say our members have heard every marketing message in the books. That’s why we’re clear and upfront about all our products and features, and how they work. We don’t want to confuse people with big words or lengthy explanations.
And (when it feels right) we sprinkle in a bit of humor because we could all use more of it these days. After all, our lighthearted, optimistic outlook on life is refreshing and members appreciate it!
When the mood calls for it, we’re tastefully funny and never sarcastic.
- Super Pay crash course. Try saying that five times fast.
- The ‘better-than-a-debit-card’, uh, card.
- Your Super Pay virtual card is ready! Feel free to start using it on whatever: groceries, hotel reservations, goat yoga. Seriously, anything.
- Credit cards f****** suck
- Take the future of your finances into your own hands with the first credit/debit card.
- Your Super Pay virtual card is ready! Don’t blow it all on Vegas.
We have an easy-going temperament and try to find the good in things.
- We got your request and somebody from the team will reach out soon. In the meantime, chill out to this relaxing playlist we made
- Travel and shop for less while building your credit. It’s a win-win!
- We’re sorry, but this room is sold out at that price. Not to worry, we’ve got backups just as good (if not better!).
- We got your request and will get to it when we can.
- Travel and shop for less while building your credit. Yeah, we’re pretty awesome.
- We’re sorry, but this room is sold out at that price. Go back to your search.
We’re intuitive to our members' feelings and we speak to them about money like a friend.
- We provide access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, regardless of income or circumstances, so they can lead Super lives.
- Is it asecured card? Yup! But it’s an alternative to a traditional debit or creditcard because your credit limit is equal to the amount of money in your account. This helps reduce the risk of falling into debt as it uses money you already have in your account, like a debit card.
- We report your monthly statement payments to the credit bureaus to show 'em you're responsible, consistent, and on time – leading you to stable growth.
- You need help living a better life. We’re here to make it happen.
- A secured card uses your cash deposits as collateral for a line of credit. This collateral is what guarantees, or secures, your ability to pay off the debt. The card issuer reports your repayment activity to credit reporting agencies which makes this kind of card a great way to improve your credit score or start building credit.
- Please note, in most cases, it takes 6 months to a year of using a secured card responsibly to see a viable increase in a credit score.
We always instill hope to convey our members are powerful all on their own.
- Good job funding your account! If you want to skip the work next time, set up direct deposit. You’ll get paid 2 days faster, too.
- Earn the score you deserve using your own money.
- You work hard for your money. So we made a card that helps you keep even more of it.
- Now that your account is funded, set up direct deposit. You’ll get paid 2 days faster so it’s kind of a no-brainer.
- Your score could use some help. Good thing we’re here!
- You work hard but we’ll work harder to help you keep more money.
Tone changes according to what you’re talking about and who you’re talking to. The way you talk about your taxes isn’t the same way you talk about your favorite Netflix show (excluding the accounting team!). And you probably don’t talk to kids the same way you talk to people your own age.
Depending on the context, we’re approachable, positive, fun, passionate, engaging, cheeky, and helpful.
Also take into account your reader’s state of mind. Are they frustrated and looking for help? Are they completely new and curious to know more about the brand? Once you have an idea, then you can adjust your tone accordingly.
Tone according to what you’re talking about
- Cha-ching 💸 You just unlocked the $XX sign-upreward.
- Unlock $XX. Just fund your account and start using your card. Bam! Free money.
- Thanks for being awesome and keep an eye out for more epic perks.
- Your $XX sign-up reward is ready.
- You need to fund your account to get $XX. Better hop on that!
- To think, you could have been saving this much money sooner. Aren’t you glad you’re a member now?
- Oops! Slight hiccup. We had some trouble connecting your card. If it doesn’t work again, please try a different card.
- Aw, shucks! Your payment didn’t go through because there was a problem with your CVV or billing address. Please try it again or use a different card.
- Unfortunately, we no longer support Navy Federal Credit Union unless it’s set up for automatic funding. We’re so sorry for the inconvenience but you can easily continue using Super Pay.
- We cannot connect your card. Please try again.
- What happened? Your payment didn’t go through. Make sure all your information is correct.
- Have you heard? Our partnership with Navy Federal Credit Union is dunzo. It’s a bummer but you can still use Super Pay for other things!
Tone according to who you’re talking to
- Welcome to the Super Pay™ crew!
- What really sets us apart is how much we care about our members. We’re crazy about ‘em. We build our products to help solve their problems. It’s the best feeling ever!
- We’re so happy you’re part of the fam! We want to help you get more out of life because we know how hard you work for your money.
- It’s a credit card that works like a debit card. There’s less risk of debt since you add funds before you use it. Plus, you still get all the credit card perks like earning cashback and the chance to help build your credit score.*
- Call us crazy, but we think you should keep as much of your hard-earned money as possible!
- Hey, there! We’re the hotel discount app that gets you travel agency rates.
- Empower millions. Change lives.
- Join the team and help everyone spend less, save more, and live Super.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously but we’re passionate about what we do and inspire each other on the daily.
- Super is everyone’s go-to for awesome deals.
- Showcase how Super helps you live the life you want, while spending less and saving more. Your content should be snappy, engaging, fun, and easy!
- We encourage you to share how Super is the everyday savings side kick that helps you spend less, save more, and build credit.